Monday, June 13, 2011

Missing Zak

We have gotten so many kind notes and remarks from Zak fans - thank you all.  I still cannot talk about Zak without tearing up, but I'm working on it.  It will take some time for the pain to subside. 

Last night Sally got really upset.  She thought she heard Zak and went spastic trying to find him.  It took about an hour to calm her down.  I decided to take her into the office today because she is unacustomed to being alone.  Sally is shy, so I warned everyone to not approach her but let her be in control.  It worked out well, she enjoyed the company and visited better than I expected.  I think in time, if I decide to keep this up she will become friendly with everyone.  She stayed by me and was very good.  When she would see a familar face at the office, she would really light up.  Today at the office is the happiest I've seen her for some time.  I believe that she knew Zak was sick but she does not understand that he is gone even though we let her see and smell him after he died.

When we got home Sally came in the house and looked around, expecting to see Zak.  I could not hold back the tears, we all miss him so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment