Saturday, June 18, 2011

Zak

We picked up Zak's ashes today which was sad.  It's been a week without Zak and we are adjusting.  Sally is not looking for him as much now and I try to make sure she has someone around her most of the time.  Debbie, Jim, Craig & I spend time with her.  I take her out with me as much as possible, which she seems to enjoy even more than I anticipated. 

We got the results back from Zak blood test back after it was sent back to be re-read.  The most out of balance were his ALP and GGT.  The alkaline phosphatase test (ALP) is used to help detect liver disease or bone disorders. Gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) levels may be used to determine the cause of an elevated ALP.  His were 641 (5-131 is normal) and 206 (1-12 is normal) respectively.  It would appear from what I have read, that his liver was not functioning.  His Glucose level was 10 (70-138 is normal)  These numbers are so out of line, it is amazing he was still alive.  He kept his spirits up right up until the end, giving kisses to the vet's assistant before his departure.    

No comments:

Post a Comment