Friday, June 3, 2011

Zak resting by the pool

Yesterday, Thursday June 2, Zak seemed improved.  The increased prednisone was definitely making a difference reducing the lymph nodes and improving his quality of life.  Craig bought a little fan and Zak likes lying by it since the medication makes him overheat.  He ate well and slept a lot – but so did Sally.  I think they both generally sleep most of the day.  Both Sally & Zak follow me everywhere.  We are enjoying such nice weather, we all like being outside.  Zak loves to lay by the pool and help me garden.  He did some “lizard hunting” with Sally out by my herb garden, but it didn’t last long.  He does not have any issues moving around, but his breathing seems louder than normal when he is resting.  He just seems physically tired but still fairly alert.  I watch him closely to make sure he is not having issues and is breathing O.K.  When I brush him, I check his body for swelling and soreness and have not detected any issues other than his tummy being red (it's O.K. now).
Zak (smiling) enjoying Debbie's company

No comments:

Post a Comment