Sunday, May 22, 2011

5/21/2011 status

Zak seemed pretty normal all day today, but got sick during the night.  When I heard him, I got up to check and he had vomited and was “cleaning it up”.  I finished the job and he licked his tummy.  I let him outside and he took care of business and came right back in. 
I went to a graduation party for a friend and Dr. Laura Harris was there.  She has been so helpful answering my questions regarding Zak and will make sure his end will be at my house and pleasant.  We discussed the prednisone and she said that it makes Zak feel good, but it’s like falling off a cliff when he fails.  I will have no doubt when it’s time to let him go.  Her advice was to love and cherish him the remaining time we have left.
A note from Zak’s friend Debbie:
Strangers? There’s no such thing for Zak! He dispenses kisses to anyone who will accept them and even to a few folks who really didn’t want them! The first time I met Zak, Karen and Craig were hosting a get-together for their employees and spouses at their home. I was a bit nervous when Jim rang the bell. I didn’t know very many of the people there, and to be honest, it was a little intimidating going to the “bosses’ house” for the first time. Craig opened the door to welcome us and we stepped in. All of a sudden, from the other side of the house, a black dog ran toward us, leaped up, and then exuberantly and joyfully gave me a kiss right in the mouth! That wasn’t exactly the welcome I had expected, but it certainly helped me to get rid of the nervous jitters I had!
The joy with which Zak greets us each and every time we see him is awesome. He acts as if he hasn’t seen you in forever, and you are the most special person in the world and there is no one he would rather see.

No comments:

Post a Comment